Thursday, 26 March 2015

They Long to Be ( Close To You )




























Floppy Hat - eBay
Cloud and Bird Print Dress - 70's Vintage
Shoes: Rubi

"Why do birds suddenly appear, ev'ry time you are near?
Just like me, they long to be close to you.
Why do stars fall down from the sky, ev'ry time you walk by?
Just like me, they long to be close to you."
The Carpenters

I remember when I was a child and I was staying over at my best friends house and a documentary on The Carpenters came on. We watched it not knowing anything about these performers but I was impressed that Karen Carpenter was a talented drummer as well as a singer but sang the lyrics from behind the drum kit first. Eventually it was suggested she come from behind the drum kit and stand out the front singing so people could see her.  She also played bass guitar.  Karen always considered herself a 'drummer who could sing' which is interesting considering she is most known for her beautiful voice. This groovy dress is from the 70s and made me think it is perhaps something she would wear on a performance on tv. It has a very groovy print of blue sky, clouds and white birds. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment