Monday, 18 May 2015

Surf Show and Shine





















Vintage vehicles - check. Kombis - check. Surf vehicles - check.  Um, I think I died and went to heaven. The Rotary club of Alexander Headlands put on a great day with a new event ' Surf Show and Shine'. The idea being that people put their surf vehicles and their surf boards on display for us all to have a good squiz at and either get jealous or inspired. I was a bit of both as I have owned a few kombis in my day and although I now have a new van and it's reliable, there is something to be said about Kombis that put a smile on your dial. But I should add it wasn't just Kombis, it was any classic car that fit the 'surf vehicle' criteria. There was also surfboards from the 60s and 70s and one of my favourite stalls in which they had vintage surf and souvenir memorabilia for sale. The money raised from the event went to Care Outreach to help farm families. It's hoped this will be an annual event and I can see it going from strength to strength :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment