Tuesday, 12 May 2015

Getting Up to Shenanigans




































White Lace Kimono - Billions Trillions
Vintage Style Playsuit - Shenanigans
Belt - Forever New
Henna on Hands & Feet - Divine Henna Design
Platform Shoes - Rubi

I have been lucky enough to know Nikki for many years through a friend of mine saying 'I think you should friend Nikki on Facebook, you have a lot in common'. Indeed we do as both lovers of vintage clothing and handmade ( and a cheeky sense of humour!). I was so blessed to receive this gorgeous playsuit she made for me with her own two hands. She is a wiz at creating beautiful products having seen her try her hand at many hand sewn items involving vintage fabrics. She handpicked a fabric she knew I would love ( vintage of course!) and I wasn't to know what type she had for me until it arrived and I unwrapped the parcel to reveal the cutest seersucker fabric complete with apple print.

I can honestly say Nikkis craftsmanship is amazeballs and even the fabric label she has sewn on is the cutest with a little pin up lady to complete the look. So so vintage, this design zips up at the back and ties up behind the neck. Indeed you could wear it a little lower at the front to have a bit more 'vavoom' if you wished. I paired it with a thin belt for this look but it isn't a requirement. I felt a little like I belonged in an Elvis Presley movie and the ukulele had to make an appearance. A bright yellow surf life saving box on the beach made the perfect backdrop on this beautiful sunny day. A little girl stopped and watched Troy photograph me and told her mother I was beautiful. It made my day even more delightful and I couldn't help but have a smile on my face.

1 comments:

Monique said...

You look fabulous!!!

Post a Comment