Thursday, 2 April 2015

Mary River























Photos: Troy / Edited: Me

Black Floppy Felt Hat - Thrifted (Similar here)
Fringed Tshirt - Thrifted -customized by me (Similar here)
Black Slip Dress (worn underneath) - (Similar here)
Cowboy Boots - Vintage ( Similar here)

'Only after the last tree has been cut down
Only after the last river has been poisoned
Only after the last fish has been caught
Only then with you find
That money cannot be eaten'
Cree Indian Prophecy

Exploring this time around the Mary River, it wasn't too full so was able to walk along alot of it. I liked the rock I ended up sitting on with the moss and the plants. Getting my negative ions from the water and the trees. Who needs landscaping when you have what nature provides all on its own?

I bought this XL size mens T-shirt for $2 from the op shop on their sale rack. It had really long sleeves and was obviously too big for me as is so decided to get creative with it just for fun. I have done this with t-shirts many times as you can do all kinds of designs and it's easy with no sewing involved. To do the same as I have here and make a fringed t-shirt all you do is cut strips up to the shoulder seams for the arms. With the shirt laid flat cut around the neck band on the top to give it this 'slightly off the shoulder' look. For the hem of the shirt the strips cut up as high as you like. I made the strips longer at the front and shorter on the sides. I did this in about 10 minutes and did a really rough job of it! Just experiment. You can make it crop etc, whatever takes your fancy. When you are finished you pull each 'strand' and each strand curls up to give it the effect in the photo. So easy and cheap to do with thrifted tshirts. I just make sure I don't do it to vintage band t-shirts - that would be sacrilege! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment