Friday, 23 January 2015

You've Got the Music In You






Sequin Art Deco Top - Vintage
Bracelet  - Thrifted
Jeans - Sportsgirl
Shoes: Novo

"You've got the music in you 
Don't let go 
You've got the music in you 
One dance left 
This world is gonna pull through 
Don't give up 
You've got a reason to live 
Can't forget
We only get what we give"

Years ago I worked with a lovely lady who was still grieving the loss of her son through suicide. This song meant a lot to her because he used to always play it and I think in her mind it had kept him positive through some of his challenging times. I remember it came on the radio where we worked and so we both sang it while tears streamed down her cheeks. To her it was a message from him saying he was okay.

If you haven't already guessed by my blog already, music is also really important to me. It has gotten me through some very hard times when I was growing up and beyond. I used to play the piano and sing in a church choir for many years but that wasn't really where my heart lay. So before I get any more time passes I am going to make it a priority to learn an instrument this year I have been wanting to for a long time. Now I've put it out on here I can't make any more excuses can I! Hint: It's not in these photos ;)

Kids Help Line - 1800 55 1800
Lifeline - 13 11 14
Beyond Blue - 1300 22 4636

0 comments:

Post a Comment