Thursday, 22 January 2015

The Big Rock Candy Mountain






Cotton Floral Dress - Vintage
Embroidered Fringed Shawl - Vintage
Cowboy Boots - Vintage ( Similar Here )

"One evening as the sun went down
And the jungle fires were burning,
Down the track came a hobo hiking,
And he said, "Boys, I'm not turning
I'm headed for a land that's far away
Besides the crystal fountains
So come with me, we'll go and see
The Big Rock Candy Mountains"

I was reminded of this song recently at a bbq/jam I went to and a friend starting singing and playing this song. My late father used to sing it to me when I was only little and I hadn't heard it since. I've had a lot of spooky things happen lately and the timing for this was impeccable.

I went looking for a run down shack in the country I had photographed at previously to do these photos and was sad to see it had now been demolished. That's progress right? Anyway I did my usual thing and went exploring and found these horse paddocks and had a bit of fun swinging on the gate, making sure no bulls came out of nowhere to knock me down! There was a person hidden away sleeping in a tent and for a moment I felt sorry for them but then realised that for some it is a choice and that they may be happy and feeling more free than most of us.

0 comments:

Post a Comment