Friday, 5 December 2014

Review: Create your Shining Year by Leonie Dawson







The 2015 Create Your Shining Year Workbook was purchased out of my own money
and this is a true and honest review.

I have to be honest, I'm always a bit sceptical when every Tom, Dick and Harry is out there spruiking their goods and claiming to be an expert in their field when it comes to helping people and businesses. But there is a number of people I do listen to and Leonie Dawson is one of them.

I have been receiving Leonies emails for a number of years. Leonie reminds you of that person you meet that you wonder what drugs they are on because they are infectiously happy. No drugs here, she has just found her way in a career doing what she loves and where she is able to be her authentic self and in turn inspires others.

I decided to purchase the printed version of her workbook as I don't have a colour printer and I wanted it in my hot little hands spiral bound and all! If you just want to buy the e-books you can do so with the Life and the Biz book available separately or together in a package. I'm happy I got the printed version as it also came with a free wall planner. This is also available with the ebooks but you have to print it out yourself like the e-book. I was really happy with the price too $24.95 USD for the printed version and the wall planner. Cheap as chips for something that can potentially change your life for the better.

What I love about the book is that it doesn't just get straight into the new year. It begins with a section to take stock of the past year in both your life and business. This is useful because how else are you meant to know what you want to work on if you don't remind yourself of this. As Ziggy Marley said ' Don't know your past, Don't know your future'. Then it is straight into working out your goals and desires for 2015 personally and in business with some colourful affirmations and hints and tips.

This book appeals to the dippy hippy, colourful and creative part of me. Be prepared to get the creative juices flowing and maybe even draw a little. It isn't a book telling you how to run your life or business, it's about figuring that out for yourself. I keep finding myself flicking through it and know I will be using it throughout the year and evaluating on a consistent basis. Highly recommended :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment