Monday, 24 November 2014

Back to the Gypsy That I Was




















Dress: Enchantress / Tree of Life

You see your gypsy
To the gypsy that remains faces freedom with a little fear
I have no fear, I have only love
And if I was a child
And the child was enough
Enough for me to love
Enough to love

This year has been one of my best yet, I feel I have been on a journey to become 'myself' again and of course it is only just the beginning. 

After so many years of being a workaholic, no fun and no play which resulted in burn out and depression among other things,  this year I made a conscious effort at taking my pleasure seriously. I  had put so many things on the sideline for so long thinking that I could do all those things for myself 'later'.  I didn't stop to smell the roses. I thought my life was meant to be monotonous and that's just how it was. What a lie I told myself! All work and no play meant that I slowly got more and more unwell, losing myself in the process. I became isolated from others and shut myself away from the world telling myself that was just how I was. If you could take anything away from my post today, start putting aside time for yourself and learn to see the little things that can bring you pleasure. Give yourself permission! xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment